Leanne's Fitness Classes are back!
Nominations for the Town of Castor are in! Congratulations to Councillors Richard Elhard, Trudy Kilner, Lonny Nelner, Tony Nichols, Travis Ryan, Brenda Wismer and Rod Zinger; who were elected by acclamation.
New Animal Control Bylaw
On Monday, July 10, 2017 the Council of the Town of Castor passed the New Animal Control Bylaw. This bylaw takes effect immediately. To read the full Bylaw go to our website www.castor.ca.
The following is a short synopsis of the Bylaw:
• All dogs and cats over the age of 3 months must be licensed.
• Licenses are to be renewed by January 31 in each year. Fees double after January 31.
• Licenses are not transferable from one dog or cat to another and there will be no refund or rebate for any license fee.
• Each household is allowed up to a maximum of 3 dogs and/or 3 cats
• License tags must be fastened to a collar or harness worn by the dog or cat at all times while off the owners property.
• Foster animals will require a license but there is no fee. Documentation is required as proof of the foster situation.
• Keeping of “Livestock” is prohibited in the Town of Castor unless permitted by a valid development area pursuant to the Land Use Bylaw.
• “Livestock” means those animals that are normally associated with agriculture or ranching, which includes, but is not limited to:
o A horse, mule, ass, swine, emu, ostrich, camel, llama, alpaca, sheep, or goat;
o Domestically reared or kept deer, reindeer, moose, elk, or bison;
o Farm bred fur bearing animals including foxes or mink;
o Cattle and other animals of the bovine species, and
o Chickens, turkeys, ducks, geese, or pheasants.
• All exotic animals must be confined within a Secure Enclosure or within the residence of the owner.
• “Exotic Animal” means:
o A snake or other reptile;
o A spider, tarantula, scorpion or other arachnid; and
o Any venomous or poisonous animal or insect.
• No animal is allowed to run at large.
• No animal is allowed to bark, howl, or otherwise make such noise so as to disturb the peace of any Person.
• Animals may not threaten, attack, bite, injure, or otherwise harass any person or other animal.
• All animal owners are required to remove any waste left by dogs or cats immediately.
• You may not leave your animal unattended in or on a motor vehicle without proper protection from the elements or in a manner that places the animal at risk of harm.
• You must properly secure an animal inside or on a motor vehicle while it is in motion or while it is parked to ensure that the animal is unable to fall out of or leave the motor vehicle.
• A dog may be declared a Dangerous Dog if there are reasonable grounds to believe that the dog:
o Has a known propensity, tendency, or disposition to threaten attack, chase or bite people or other animals.
o Has inflicted a serious wound upon another animal or person.
• Consult the Bylaw, section 18 for a list of requirements of an owner of a dangerous dog.
• Dog License Annual Fees:
o First Dog of Owner $25.00
o Second Dog of Owner $50.00
o Third Dog of Owner $75.00
o Dangerous Dog License Fee $100.00
• Cat License Annual Fees:
o First Cat of Owner $25.00
o Second Cat of Owner $50.00
o Third Cat of Owner $75.00
For detailed information; enforcement; and fines please check out Bylaw 1050 on our website www.castor.ca or contact the Town Office at 403-882-3215.
You are invited to participate in the Marketing Plan Challenge. This challenge is designed to give you the tools you require to start a new business or increase the growth of your existing business. With the help of a couple training experts, Community Futures East Parkland is offering this opportunity to help you take your business to the next level.
October 18, 2017
AND UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
THE TOWN OF CASTOR
IS IMPOSING A
ON ALL OUTDOOR FIRES
THIS BAN INCLUDES
FIRE PITS AND FIRE BARRELS
THIS BAN DOES NOT INCLUDE
PROPANE OR NATURAL GAS
BY ORDER OF TOWN COUNCIL AND THE FIRE CHIEF
51st Street Infrastructure Project
Fitness Classes are Back!
2017 Municipal Election
New Animal Bylaw
Marketing Plan Challenge
Fire Ban in Effect
TOWN OF CASTOR OFFICE
4901 50 Avenue
Castor, AB T0C 0X0
On Call: 403-882-3099
Town Office Hours
1:00pm - 4:30pm
Monday to Friday
Closed on Statutory Holidays